Wednesday, September 9, 2026

RIP Barry Melrose

 

For those that may not have followed the entire journey of my hockey writing career, I started by working with Kevin Schultz, and eventually Kim Ware and Dave McBrayer at a site called Barry Melrose Rocks, back when blogs were a thing, and the NHL left ESPN, but Melrose didn't (until he went to coach in Tampa). He was an affable character and a good ambassador for the game, and has sort of been one of the patron saints of my writing career. 

News has broken tonight that he passed away at 70. He will be missed, and I send out my thoughts to those who will miss him most deeply.

Barry Melrose rocks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

RIP Barry Melrose

  For those that may not have followed the entire journey of my hockey writing career, I started by working with Kevin Schultz, and eventual...